About the ATA
Posted: May 25, 2017
With traditional, and progressive high-energy curriculum and certified instructors, ATA International has the programs needed for kids, adults, and families to cultivate self-discipline and to be successful in life. Here is some useful information about ATA and its history.
The focus of ATA International has remained the same: to provide students with the highest quality martial arts curriculum available in a fun and positive learning environment that people of all ages can enjoy. Each Instructor is the graduate of an intensive certification process that represents more than forty years of ongoing curriculum research and development.
Your Certified Instructor should be with you every step of the way to help you reach your current individual goals, as well as some new goals you never before thought possible!
• ATA International was founded by Eternal Grand Master H.U. Lee in 1969.
• The ATA is one of the largest martial arts organizations in the world and is dedicated to the Songahm style of Taekwondo.
• There are more than 130,000 active members in the organization worldwide.
• The ATA world headquarters is located in Little Rock, Arkansas and has called the state capitol home since 1977.
• ATA International has licensed over 950 independently owned and operated martial arts locations, currently in operation in over 21 countries.
• ATA offers many curriculum programs for all ages and a variety of purposes ranging from basic martial arts, to self-defense, life skill building, bullying prevention and more.
• In 1995, the H.U. Lee Memorial Scholarship Fund was established and has since provided more than 900 students with nearly $1 million in scholarships.
• In addition to the World Championships, ATA sanctions over 300 tournaments each year worldwide.